Jamie first picked up a golf club aged 9 at the Juniors Night at Muckhart Golf Club in Clackmannanshire where his dad is a member. As well as enjoying the social side at that age he quickly took to the sport and was a regular at Juniors Night and began living on the golf course during the school summer holidays.
Jamie has reduced his handicap in five seasons from 28 to 1 with the aim of being off scratch by the beginning of next season.
His dream is to become a successful, professional golfer and this is what motivates him each training session and competition. He receives coaching at Gleneagles and is one of thirteen selected for the Gleneagles Foundation which was set up after the 2014 Ryder Cup to support and develop the next generation of Scottish golfers.
Jamie’s recent successes include:
- selection for the Perth & Kinross County (PKC) teams representing the Under 16, Under 18 and Under 21 teams;
- winning the PKC Under 16 Championship 2017;
- being selected to play for Scotland in a friendly match against France earlier this summer;
- coming sixth in the Stephen Gallacher Foundation trophy (U18);
- finishing second in U16 Nick Faldo Series at Dukes, St Andrews;
- reaching the Quarter Finals of St Andrews Boys’ Open Championship;
- he is currently 20th in the Scottish Golf U18 Order of Merit.
Jamie would like to pursue golf in America with a scholarship to an American University where he could obtain a degree whilst playing a lot of golf in the sun!