SST Zirconium Dioxide (ZrO2) Oxygen Sensors offer measuring ranges up to 100%. The rugged stainless steel construction, both internally and externally ensures the oxygen sensors are robust enough to survive in the most harsh, corrosive environments where high temperatures and high pressures are present. Depending on what type of application, these sensors are known to operate for 10 years or more.
The dynamic sensing principle of the zirconia oxygen sensors ensures failsafe operation and no reference gas is required. SST sensor systems can be calibrated in fresh air or single point in a known Oxygen concentration.
Our recommendation is to choose a Zirconia System. This is a sensor paired with the suitable interface electronics. The integrated electronics can provide an output of 4-20mA, 0-10V, RS232 or RS485 MODBUS RTU.
See the video for detail on the operating principle of the sensor.
- Combustion control including oil, gas and biomass boiler applications
- Controlled atmosphere monitoring
- Controlled environment transportation - Perishable goods storage
- Laboratory and building air quality monitoring including confined space and personnel safety
- Industrial process control i.e. gas mixing for welding and steel making
- Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems (CEMS)
- Aviation - OBOGS and OBIGGS
- Oxygen generation systems
- Applications where low oxygen is key including fermentation, rust and corrosion prevention, inerting and purging